Did You Know?
- We launched our new Mission • Vision • Values and we've educated our staff and family on how they impact life at Cassellholme.
- We've provided Basic Care Expectations for all staff – especially regarding PSWs.
- We've trained 45% of the staff [to date] on the Gentle Persuasive Approach [GPA].
- We've acquired a Wound Care App for all registered staff to ensure better/quick assessment of wounds.
- We hired a Nurse Practitioner.
- We added an additional full time Registered Nurse to our staff.
- We added four new PSW shifts [one to Maple, two to Willow, one to Birch].
- We added a new RPN shift to the 2nd and 3rd floor.
- We also added floating weekend PSW and RPN shifts to address staff shortages.
- We fund-raised for and bought new round dining room tables to increase social aspects of the dining experience.
- We've expanded the open hours of the General Store/Reception.
- We've increased Behavioural Support Ontario [BSO] education to staff – covering topics such as dementia care, delirium, psychotropic medication and frontal temporal lobe impairments.
- We've recruited FOUR new doctors, including a new Medical Director.
The Cassellholme kitchen staff prepare 275,000+ meals each and every year.
As per Ministry standard, HOT food and beverages are served at 62.8 – 73.9 °C [140 – 165 °F].
DAILY housekeeping of Residents’ rooms includes cleaning washrooms, high touch surfaces and floors.
BI-WEEKLY housekeeping of Residents’ rooms includes pulling furniture away from the walls to vacuum around the room. Dressers, pictures, beds, lights, fans and more are also cleaned.
The Activity Department provides events, games, etc. The goal is for Residents to live with dignity and have their physical, psychological, social, spiritual and cultural needs adequately met.
We value the uniqueness of each Resident. We ensure staff are aware of Resident preferences and routines, to help them provide the BEST CARE.
If you have a CONCERN, you can talk to any staff member. After hours, you can call the RN on duty.
We aim to reply to non-urgent requests within TWO business days. Emergency messages are responded to, as soon they are received.
The MAINTENANCE team keeps things in Resident’s rooms ‘in shape’ including: lighting, paint and upkeep of Cassellholme items.
We aim to have Residents’ laundry cleaned and returned within 48 hours.
New clothing for Residents can be left in the cupboard outside the General Store. We’ll label, launder and deliver it.
Everyday hygiene products are supplied, but Residents can use their own scent-free personal supplies if they like.
Residents are supported by staff multiple times each day. Bathing occurs twice a week. Staff are trained to promote independence, while supporting care.
Resident Trust Accounts can be used to purchase items in the General Store, pay for the hairdresser, or activity outings.
Care conferences are held within a Resident’s first four weeks, then at least once a year. One can also be called to address changing needs, or to respond to an incident.
EMAIL UPDATES are sent biweekly [or more often]. Our website and Facebook pages are also updated regularly.
FEEDBACK can be given to a staff member at a care conference and/or on our website. Residents can also HAVE A SAY by joining the Food Committee and/or Residents’ Council.