General visiting hours are:
9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
For the safety of Residents and staff, Cassellholme doors are locked outside of visiting hours. Exceptions can be made by coordinating with nursing staff. Cassellholme visitation is different when there is an outbreak. Alerts and instructions are posted at the entrance, recorded on the outgoing message of the phone system and displayed on the home page of the website. Visitors will be encouraged to delay visits depending on the type and location of the outbreak.
EFFECTIVE November 7, 2023
As the respiratory illness season ramps up, the Chief Medical Officer of Health has recommended enhanced masking.
Starting on Monday, November 6th, masking will be required at Cassellholme for staff, students, support workers and volunteers. They STRONGLY recommend visitors also mask indoors [unless eating or drinking in a Resident's room – with roommate approval].
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our Residents. You can review the Ministry document here. We are, of course, recommending diligent hand-washing as well as masking.
We thank you in advance for the important role you play in preventing the spread of illness.
EFFECTIVE June 27, 2023
After three+ years of masking, we're ALL ready to fill Cassellholme's hallways with friendly smiles once again. The Ministries of Health and Long-Term Care have just released new guidelines. While masks are still recommended in situations of close contact/care, they are not required in other settings. You can read the summary of guidelines here.
As of 10 a.m. on Tuesday, June 27th, 2023 we will ALL have the option to unmask.
There are, of course, still some guidelines:
- All visitors and staff must continue to complete the passive screening when they enter.
- Cassellholme will maintain a mask-friendly policy. Anyone who wishes to wear a mask will, of course, be welcome to do so.
- If you'd like staff providing direct care to Resident, to be masked, let your unit manager know – 705-474-4250 – Apple/Maple ext. 288, Birch/Cherry Lane ext. 252, Willow ext. 256.
- If you're unwell, please postpone your visit.
- Hand sanitizing remains a vital defense against most illnesses. Please be diligent about keeping your hands clean.
- If there is a respiratory outbreak of any kind, an alert will be posted on the website and at the entrance. Masking will resume in the affected area[s].
Cassellholme Visitor Policy [April 2023]
Management of Cases and Contacts of COVID-19 in Ontario [March 27, 2023]