There's a lot to learn when a loved one enters Long-Term Care. It's a big adjustment for them and for you.
We're going to offer one or more new relaxed, confidential discussion groups. What works best - a morning chat, or an early after-dinner gathering? Let us know. We meet once a month for an hour [for three months].
Contact Tracy Davis firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested. Be sure to give your full name, contact info and the name of your Resident.
Meeting other caregivers, as well as staff members, will help you understand:
- how to be involved and how to take good care of yourself at the same time
- some of the challenges and rewards you may experience
- coping and problem-solving strategies around illness and new behaviours
- effective use of outside community resources
If you're new to Cassellholme, you'll also take part in an orientation session to learn your way around.
* These are in-person meetings, so all COVID protocols will be in place. Hand sanitizing, social distancing and masks worn throughout (no eating or drinking). You'll need to show proof of double vaccination when you arrive.